Saturday, October 19, 2019

53

Hola Familia. 

Me and Elder Apaza my new companion from Peru. 


I saw that lots of my friends start with something in spanish so I figured Id do the same. This week was pretty fun. On tuesday I went to an area in my district called Xepon and we went to teach some people but a lot of them werent home. All the members know my name in this area for some reason and everyone wanted to give us dinner and so we ate really well actually which as awesome. Then we worked in our area until friday and I went to another area in the district called Racaná and it was super fun as well. A nice break because their arent as many mountains in this area to climb so my legs got a break.On sunday morning we received a very sad notice from the members that the 17 year-old son our our Branch President had comimtted suicide and so we spent almost all of our time yesterday helping out the family with other members from the branch. It is so sad to see someone so young end his life and miss out on so much in life. Sometimes life is hard and we feel sad , but we can always count on the Lord to be at our side to help us through. He will never abandon us in our hard times. The truth is sometimes the Lord carries us. This is a poem I love a ton.

One night I dreamed a dream.
As I was walking along the beach with my Lord.
Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
One belonging to me and one to my Lord.
After the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that at many times along the path of my life,
especially at the very lowest and saddest times,
there was only one set of footprints.
This really troubled me, so I asked the Lord about it.
"Lord, you said once I decided to follow you,
You'd walk with me all the way.
But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life,
there was only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me."
He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you
Never, ever, during your trials and testings.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you."
Well I love you guys lots and Ill see you soon. 
Attachments area

No comments:

Post a Comment