Monday, August 5, 2019

43

I have been dying of heat. It is super fun with my comp Elder Newman becuase we just miss all the same american things like Cafe Rio, Beef Jerky, clean tap water, and sleep. HAHA. We have been walking a ton and at this point we have talked to every house within a hour of our house so it been hard to find new investigators. We have started reactivated a lot of families. Our first week in this area only 25-30 people came to church, but last sunday we had 50 which was unbelievable. I really have been seeing the fruits of working hard and obeying the commandments.

 I have been studying Kiche and I can now introduce myself and bare my testimony and say a lot of very simple sentences. Hopefully one day I can speak as fluently in Kiche as in Spanish.  I didnt take any pictures and so I have nothing to send to you guys so Im sorry for that. I went on exchanges for a day with an Elder from Honduras and we found a lady that only spoke Kiche so I started talking to her in Kiche and it absolutely blew his mind. He said that he thought we were speaking in English haha. 

I got to play basketball for the first time in 3 months which was super fun and I have gotten so bad. My comp and I put fun goals every week and these last to weeks we have down 150push-up in the morning and 20 every hour until 10pm every day expect for sunday and Monday. I still am fat though.  

Well I am 2 weeks from 11 months in the mission which is nuts and I feel like I have just started. I wish there was more time but the Lord only gave me 2 years so I will have to make the best of the 13 months I have left. I hope everyone is reading their scriptures and praying. 

Love you guys lots and Ill see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment