Monday, February 18, 2019

21

Hey guys,

 We are working hard here in Guate and I learning tons of spanish which is good. I'm not sure when I will be changing areas but for now I will probably have more time here in Zaculeu. The truth is that we didn't really have anything super crazy happen this week. We are hoping to get a cita with dad of Libni to talk to him about the permission to bebaptized  and I think we are going to his house this Wednesday.
   Im teaching English right now to some of our investigators and some members. My comp doesn't really like to do fun stuff so we never really do anything exciting if it's up to him and I can make decisions for both of us.  I’m working on him. 

 I can’t  believe that we will be able to call every monday now to our families. I honestly didn't believe it when our mission leaders told us. I was like no way. You guys are just joking. I will probably only call every other week back to the family. The sun here is killing me and you would not believe how much of a tomato I was on Tuesday after we went to the ruins. My comp thought that it was pretty funny.  But he just sat below the ruins in the shade and didn't enjoy it so whatever. We work really well together during the day but when it comes to being a friend or fun  he wants nothing to do with me buts its okay. I'm here so help the people and to bless their lives with this gospel that has shaped me into the person I am today. Im not going to share a ton because Im going to call, but I love you guys tons and Ill see you soon. 

Phone call with Ian.  
First he said he wishes so much it could be cold for just one day. It’s so hot everyday.  In his new area it’s more of a desert area. His companion is a 23 year old that returned to the mission. He struggles with communication because he speaks a strange dialect of Spanish and a slang called “bos”. It uses half of most words.  Guatemalans struggle to understand it. He also doesn’t know how to play.  Ian’s teaching him slowly. We heard him speak Spanish to the family where he called. He speaks sooo fast!    
He missed starburst, Gatorade and Nesquick.   He is super excited about being able to call often. With the WiFi and phone struggles it’ll probably be every other week.   

Picture is of one of the other missionaries.  He was so hot he put ice cream on his neck.  







No comments:

Post a Comment