Monday, February 25, 2019

22

Phone call and a letter!!!   







Hey everyone

 This week was good, but we didn't do a ton of stuff to tell the truth. We did have splits and I went with Elder Reed from Utah.  It felt kinda weird to talk in all english for a day. I haven't done that in about 5 weeks and it felt super super weird. I am going to have the worst English in 1.5 years. We had a Zone activity today and went to this super cool place with grass and tunnels through the middle of the mountain that wasn't reinforced in any way, but I had tons of fun. After I bought some fries and just laid in the grass while my comp was being anti-social. He hates going out and doing fun activities because he says its a waste of time and he just wanted to sleep instead. 

  We are teaching a lot of new inactive members.  Three came to church yesterday and one hadn't been to church in 9 years which was super super cool for us. We are also teaching a family of police officers and they are super positive and want to be baptized,  but also sad because I will probably have transfers here in a week and I’m not really sure I will be staying around for their baptism. The assistant to the President said I might become District Leader this next change. Tomorrow there is a  Carnival and people throw eggs and eggs filled with confetti and flour, but we cant leave the house because the bad peoples gang up on the missionaries and sometimes get hurt. I really want to "tirar huevos" at the people here. HAHA. 

  Im having a rough time with comp. The Zone leader had divisions with him for a day and afterwards he  asked me how have you made it 5 weeks with him. Im really scared that I'm going to have another transfer with him  and I really don't want to but I know if I do the Lord will help me. 

  That is super awesome that Corby got coach of the year and that Getchell did so good this year.  I hope that everything is going good for you guys and if anyone had a question about the Church I would love to answer it. 

Love you all and Ill see you soon 
Ps I forgot to take pictures and my cable to send them. I will next time.  

Phone call : 
Ian talked about the dogs in Guatemala.  He said he has been attacked by a lot of crazy dogs and they carry a few good sized rocks and they have gotten really good at chucking them to keep the dogs from attacking.  He said they use their backpacks and he's had to kick one because it was attacking to  much. He also mentioned this area is huge but they have 4 other missionaries in his area so he's not sure if they're going to get moved to another area.   He's working hard on perfecting his spanish so he can start working on Kiche too.    His Go pro broke but theyre rare over there so he was able to still sell it broken and get enough money to buy a good camera. 




No comments:

Post a Comment