Sunday, January 19, 2020

61


12/16 

This week we had to travel a lot because we had a christmas party for the whole mission and I didnt get to work much in my area but it was super fun. We also got to go to the temple and I got called to train again which will be super fun. I will be receiving an american so I will get to teach him spanish. He will get here tomorrow and we will make it back to our area wednesday because it is a little far. I got to eat at Panda Express, which was so good. I have only eaten there twice here in the mission. My companion will be going home tomorrow so we had to do a bunch of traveling this week about 23 hours by bus but I slept most of the time. Well that is everything. I love you lots and I'll see you soon.



12/18

So I moved to the other side of the mission and my Kiche is useless. The area is called Ical and it is just a super steep giant mountain where everyone speaks a language called Mam. It has no similarities to Kiche so its been weird to only speak to the people and spanish and not be able to explain things in a way that they understand. My new comps name is Elder Duncan from Utah and he will be finishing the mission here in 5 weeks. I also have my trainer Elder Shopp in my district so that's fun.  We have a lot of super awesome people we are teaching right now the biggest problem with them is that none of them are married, so we have been working on that. It is also a little bit colder here which makes it really nice when we change 3000 feet in elevacion every day. The church meetings are in Mam so I don't understand anything, but it's okay because on Sunday we got thrown in to teach the Primary kids and half of them don't speak Spanish either. We played a game called "Hagan lo que yo hago". That is about it for the week. I will try to have more next week. Love you lots and I'll see you soon. 




No comments:

Post a Comment