Monday, January 28, 2019

18

  So I had changes this week and got sent to the other side of the mission in Huehuetenango in a place called Zaculeu and Im in a trio until tomorrow when one Elder finishes his two years and the other is the person that Im training right now. They are both from Honduras and they are super funny. My son ( what we call the new guy I get to train) came to the mission in 2015 but got sent home becuase he punched his comp and he finally returned after 3 years which is awesome. His is 23 and teaches awesome. He talks tons with all the members and we have found some awesome people to start teaching. 

  Im in the city now and we live with the zone leaders so that is fun because my zone leader from Xela is in the same house with me now and I get to talk with him more. The food here is awesome and I have eaten more food from members in one week than all of my time in Zunil. I might actually gain weight here. The area isnt as big a Zunil but it is still a little hard to memorize in one week. Spanish is going well and Im so blessed to be training. It is such a fun experience, but I tell my comp everyday he is training me becuase he knows more Spanish. HAHA. 
  On friday we went to eat with a lady from San Salvador and she made us some food from her country called Papusas and they are so good. Then she shared he conversion story and it was so amazing how God had prepared her to be a member of the church. Then she said that her other american son/Elder went home so Im her new son and she only refers to me as "hijo" and I say "mama". She is a 70 year old lady in our ward. The ward is about 150 people which is so awesome and the members try to feed us every meal which is so awesome. 

  I dont really have anything else to share so I love you all and I will see you soon. 








The first picture is at the 6 weeks meeting with my son. The second is with my "mama" and the 3rd is in a members house waiting to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment